Barricades or prevention of access
The number of incidents where where one or more offenders deny access to all or part of a prison to those lawfully empowered to have such access, by use of a physical barrier.
The data source for this measure is HM prison and probation service annual digest.
- Data is not always available for, or applicable to, every prison; and the list of prisons will vary year on year due to closures and newly opened establishments;
- Prison functions (Male Local etc.) refer to the function of the prison in the most recent year shown. The function of a prison may have been different in previous years;
- A small number of prisons which are listed separately in the above table are physically co-located and cannot be distinguished on the map;
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2022;
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and database right 2022;
- The markers on the map are indicative only. For further information on a prison, or for details of a prison's location, please consult the Ministry of Justice prison finder.